Saturday, January 24, 2009

Spinach and Yogurt Dip

I served this dip on Tuesday night, and again Wednesday morning for leftovers at Rashi with lime tostitos. I adapted this and simplified it from a recipe for Turkish Borani Esfanaj, seen here:

http://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/africa/middle-east/persian/borani-esfanaj1.html

The original recipe would have probably been delicious too, but I was in a rush and didn't have time to measure out all the spices! I also put in more yogurt because I like a creamier dip, mint because it was there in the fridge, and feta because I like salt. I think that some olives might also be divine, but then I'd leave out the mint.

Here's how I did it:

1 package frozen spinach
2 cups thick greek yogurt (I used Fage, found at most supermarkets)
1 cup crumbled feta (really really cheap at McKinnon's market in Davis Square)
1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice (bottled is ok)
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves (in the produce section or in bulk for cheaper at Farmer's Bounty, Davis Square)

No comments:

Post a Comment