Monday, February 2, 2009

How do I Love Thee, Lime Mold?



Cousin Abby's Lime Jello Mold


How do I love thee lime mold? Let me count the ways.
I love the way you counteract the spice
Of my cousin Abby's chili relleno in Tennessee
And put out the flame of indigestion in my soul
I love your heinous shade of green
As lovely as a puff-sleeve bridesmaid dress from 1983.
I love thee thoroughly, for your unexpected sour cream
I love thee purely, as you have no actual food content
I love thee passionately, for the strange looks I get
When I bring you as a hostess gift.

2 3oz packages of lime gelatin (picture above was a layer of lime and a layer of raspberry)
3 c boiling water
1/2 pt sour cream

Dissolve jello in water. When cooled, mix in sour cream with beater. Place in mold and then refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment