Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dumplings, Dumplings, and More Dumplings

Dumplings: Photographic Evidence of Delicious

As it is 10:20 and we started making them at 7:00, I am too tired to write. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.
Now Frying: Tofu/carrot/water chestnut/five-spice
Spinach/egg
Chicken/leek/water chestnut

Done, and ready to eat with Chinese black vinegar and homemade and dangerously spicy la jiao

Mine were steamed, for super healthiness!

And they ended up chewier, which I actually liked a lot!

We had some red bean paste in the house, so I made dumplings, pan-fried them, then mixed coconut milk, cow milk, and almond extract for a dipping sauce.

Next entry: Dumpling Hangover

2 comments:

  1. next time:
    http://www.justhungry.com/easter-brunch-bunny-bao-steamed-buns

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog! I started reading it a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete