Monday, October 26, 2009

Dessert Redemption

After The Horror, I stayed away from the oven for a few days. I didn't think it needed more punishment. While in the supermarket, I developed an intense craving for cinnamon raisin bread. So, tonight, I tried this recipe and it was fantastic. What I didn't count on was that it was a triple recipe. Who among us owns THREE loaf pans? Certainly not me. The only reason why I own one at all is for a terrine recipe we made last Passover.

But, as the above picture shows, this recipe makes a ton of batter. It rose to the size of a basketball, and rolled out huge too.


So, I cut the batter into thirds. One third went to make a loaf. Here it is, before baking:


And of course, what does one do with extra swirled bread dough? Rolls. I managed to wait a full 20 seconds after taking them out of the oven before I dove in and took one down like a lion takes down an antelope on the Discovery Channel. Here they are, before baking:


And here they are baked. (Does anyone else hear the singing of angels?)


No comments:

Post a Comment