Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Perfect Summer Salad

I had this salad at a restaurant in Cambridge last year and it is delicious in any variation. Salty, sweet, crunchy, sour... It has something for every taste bud. Some recipes recommend red onion or shallots, which would be great. One recipe I saw included chilis. Those are all yours. I think the one that I had included chopped mint leaves, but we didn't have any in the house tonight. As usual, I like this recipe because it's quick and flexible.

Chunks of watermelon
Chunks of feta
Spinach or arugula leaves
Chopped red onion or shallots
Chopped chilis (optional)

Dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme or mint or basil
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)

This was so delicious and refreshing that it's all I had for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment