Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cupcake Bread Pudding


Last night my husband was making pizza dough and he used a package of gelatin instead of a package of yeast.

If you know my husband, this may not surprise you. And you may also be unsurprised to hear that on Sunday he made bread pudding from cupcakes. He's been crazy about bread pudding since he had one made out of Krispy Kremes in Connecticut last year.

Anyway. Remember the July 4th cupcake fail? We made chocolate Guiness cupcakes that kind of fell apart due to their general delicious gooiness. That's what led to his brilliant idea. Because I hate to waste food, we took the broken, decapitated cupcakes and froze them. Then, a few weeks later, he took them out and soaked them in a mixture of milk, eggs, and vanilla and let it all bake. He tells me that he just used a bread pudding recipe and cut down on the sugar. And ultimately, what looked like brownies was actually a super-moist, ultra-rich chocolaty concoction.


Which was perfect for our friends' brunch garden party. It was 2/3 gone before I got my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment